Proprietary Silicon Nitride Technology Provides Surgeons with Superior Capabilities to Increase Quality Care for Patients Suffering from Back Pain SALT LAKE CITY, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Amedica Corporation, a spinal and reconstructive medical device manufacturer, today announced the 10,000[sup.
What does SI3N4 stand for?
SI3N4 stands for Silicon Nitride
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Special Intelligence/Special Access Only
- Special Intelligence/Special Compartmented Intelligence
- Signal Intensity versus Time
- Shut In/Temporarily Abandoned (oil exploration)
- Arsenic Doped Silicon (Infrared focal plane material)
- Slightly Imperfect 1 (diamonds)
- Slightly Included (diamonds)
- Silicon Integration Initiative
- Slightly Imperfect 2 (diamonds)
- Some Inclusions at 30x
- System Integrator 5 (product of D-Tools, Inc.)
- Professional Ski Instructors Association of Japan
- Sabiedriba ar Ierobezotu Atbildibu (Latvian: Limited Liability Company)
- Safety Institute of America (Lexington, SC)
- Safety Institute of Australia
- Saitama International Association (Japan)
- Salary Increase Authorization
- Salon International de l'Agriculture (French: International Exhibition of Agriculture)
- Sam I Am (band)
- Satellite Industry Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Salt Lake City, Utah-based Amedica Corporation, a spinal and reconstructive medical device manufacturer, has beefed up its executive management in preparation for efforts to shift the standard of care for interbody fusion devices toward proprietary silicon nitride ceramic.
Among the 41 topics are the microstructures and properties of three-phase carbon and ceramic matrix composites, the effect of heat treatment on thermal conductivity in silicon nitride ceramics, strengthening mechanisms of high-strength reaction-sintered silicon carbide, sintering silicon carbide ceramics with the co-addition of gadrinium oxide and silica and their mechanical properties, environmental barrier coatings for silicon nitride, and microelectronics package design using experimentally validated modeling and simulation.
Using diamond, researchers made a much more durable probe than the commercially available silicon nitride probes, which are typically used in AFM to gather information from a material, but can wear down after several uses.
The test screw consists of a silicon nitride ceramic outer sleeve (including the flights) on a metal shank.
These hybrid ball bearings combine traditional steel rings matched with silicon nitride (ceramic) balls to provide natural insulating properties and prevent electrical arcing.
After carefully measuring the optical properties of thin films of tungsten, silicon oxide, and silicon nitride fabricated in a NIST cleanroom, optical measurements of anti-reflection structures agreed with numerical calculations for their performance.
Typical roles for Tegal's etching systems used in MEMS and biochip fabrication include producing structures in silicon, silicon nitride, and silicon dioxide, in organic materials like BCB and polyimide and in noble metals, like platinum and gold.