PCT is used in the emergency department (ED) to test those admitted patients suspected of having a significant bacterial infection.
What does SBI stand for?
SBI stands for Significant Bacterial Infection
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SBI
We have 316 other meanings of SBI in our Acronym Attic
- Serious Bodily Injury
- Service Brands International (various locations)
- Sexual Behavior Inventory (study)
- Shelf Basin Interactions
- Shiftwork Benchmarking Institute
- Shorebank International Ltd. (Chicago, Il)
- Short Baseline Interferometer
- Short Block of Instruction
- Siberia Airlines (ICAO code)
- Side air-Bag Igniter
- Silent Brain Infarct
- Single Burn Item (test)
- Site Build It (websites)
- Site of Biological Importance (UK)
- Skull Base Institute
- Small Bowel Injury (medical)
- Small Business Institute
- Small Business Intelligence (Australia)
- Small Business International (est. 1991)
- Smart Bomb Interactive (video game developer; Salt Lake City, UT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
New treatment options are necessary as, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly all significant bacterial infections in the world are becoming resistant to the most commonly prescribed antibiotic treatments.
Prevalence of significant bacterial infections in young infants who have RSV is unknown.