He served honorably to his country during WWII as a signalman first class on a minesweeping operation from 1943 to 1946.
What does SM1 stand for?
SM1 stands for Signalman First Class (Naval Rating)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SM1
We have 1 other meaning of SM1 in our Acronym Attic
- System Manager/Item Manager
- Smooth Muscle Area per Millimeter Basement Membrane
- Smooth Muscle Cells/Pericytes
- Servicing Mission/Planning and Replanning Tool (Hubble Space Telescope)
- Styrene Monomer/Propylene Oxide
- Stores Management And Remote Set Fuzing
- Smart Munition/Smart Submunition
- Soldier's Manual/Trainer's Guide
- Saturday Morning Television (UK)
- Primary Sensorimotor
- Someone (chat)
- Scary Movie 2 (movie)
- Second Servicing Mission (of the Hubble Telescope)
- Signalman Second Class (Naval Rating)
- Spider-Man 2 (movie)
- Sstreet Modified 2 (SCCA autocross racing)
- Standard Missile 2 (US Naval Missiles)
- Servicing Mission #3 (Hubble Telescope)
- Shader Model 3 (graphics card pixel shader technology)
- Signalman Third Class (Naval Rating)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Named after the only Coast Guard Medal of Honor recipient, Signalman First Class Douglas Munro, the vessel has a flight deck capable of landing a Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin helicopter, a state of the art communications and sensor suite and serves as a floating command center capable of coordinating ships and aircraft for search and rescue or responding to natural and environmental accidents and disasters.
He served honorably to his country during WWII as a Signalman First Class on a minesweeping operation from 1943-1946.