Remote testing is different from standard SNMP management because, unlike enterprise management systems, dedicated test equipment is placed directly where it is needed to gather accurate performance measurements, and to collect and report statistics resulting from network-layer tests, such as signaling network management protocol (SNMP) queries, PINGs and trace routes.
What does SNM stand for?
SNM stands for Signaling Network Management (SS7)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SNM
We have 69 other meanings of SNM in our Acronym Attic
- School of Nursing and Midwifery (various universities)
- Schweizer News Magazin (German: Swiss News Magazine)
- Seikai No Monshou (anime)
- Sekai No Melody (multilingual singing organisation)
- Senior Naval Member (US Navy)
- Sentinel Node Mapping
- Service des Nouvelles des Marchés (French: New Markets Service)
- Service Member
- Shin Nippon Machinery (Japan)
- Show No Mercy (gaming clan)
- Singapore National Museum
- Single Nation Model
- Slave and Master
- Slovak National Museum (est. 1961)
- Small Noise Model
- Social Network Management
- Social Network Marketing
- Sociedad Numismatica de Mexico
- Société de Natation Messine (French: Messina Swimming Society)
- Société Nantaise de Manutention (French: Nantaise Handling Company; France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
acceSS7, the market-leading signaling network management system for wireless networks in Europe, will provide 2G with real-time intelligence on customer activity and network and service performance, enabling the company to increase customer satisfaction by proactively managing service quality and network efficiency.
It is based on state-of-the-art Northern Telecom Passport switches and Signaling Network Management Protocol (SNMP) management of client site routers which Infonet also provides.