The signal to background noise ratio for the unfocused test shown in Figure 5 was 8dB.
What does S/B stand for?
S/B stands for Signal to Background (ratio)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of S/B
We have 133 other meanings of S/B in our Acronym Attic
- Supply Air (air conditioning)
- System Administrator
- Services, Agencies & CINCs
- Stephen/Andrew Associates (Durham, NC)
- Service/Agency Approval Authority
- Seismic/Acoustic Feature Extraction
- Satellite Analog Tie Trunk
- Sand Blast
- Seen By (UK medical reporting)
- Should Be
Samples in periodicals archive:
The signal to background separation is fully acceptable.
Of the 172, 186, or 60 genes that were affected by acetaminophen, benzo[a]pyrene, or clofibrate, respectively (after more stringent filtering of the data using the signal of the arrayed spot [greater than or equal to] 40%, ratio of signal to background [greater than or equal to] 2.
This method of adjusting the audio signal to background noise is different from solutions that try to block or cancel out background noise.