Brian Hansen to Receive Sigma Delta Chi Medal at National Press Club Ceremony WASHINGTON, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Platts Inside Energy Managing Editor Brian Hansen was today named the winner of one of journalism's most prestigious honors - the Society of Professional Journalists' (SPJ) Sigma Delta Chi award for public service in newsletter journalism - for his 2012 enterprise reporting about conflicts between private landowners and the oil and gas companies that drill on their properties.
What does SDX stand for?
SDX stands for Sigma Delta Chi (journalism honor society)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SDX
We have 12 other meanings of SDX in our Acronym Attic
- Steele-Dawson-Wing-Tuttle (Bismarck, ND)
- Summer DeadWeight Tonnes
- San Diego World Trade Center
- San Diego Web Technologies Group
- San Diego Wireless Users Group
- Structural Design With Wood (Virginia Technical Institute)
- South Dakota Water and Wastewater Association (est. 1935)
- Secure Document Exchange
- Sedona, AZ, USA (Airport Code)
- Sigma Delta Chi (former name of the society of professional journalists; still used for the society's SDX Foundation)
- Simulation Data Exchange (file format for data exchange)
- SmartDiscovery Extraction Server (Inxight Software Inc)
- Starkit Developer Extension (computer programming)
- Storage Data Acceleration (Western Digital)
- Secure Digital Extended Capacity (memory cards)
- Synchronous Digital Crossconnect
- Structured Data Exchange Format
- Schenectady (Amtrak station code; Schenectady, NY)
- Sequential Day of the Year (date format)
- Sidney, MT, USA (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Society of Professional Journalists bestowed a Sigma Delta Chi award on the Tribune for Best Digital Media Presentation (Independent).
Steve Geimann, president of the Sigma Delta Chi Foundation, told the audience that "now is not the time for journalism or journalists to retreat from the work of keeping the public informed.
Byline: Daily News INDIANAPOLIS - Los Angeles Daily News staff photographer Tina Burch has won a national Sigma Delta Chi award for excellence in journalism for a photo illustration, the Society of Professional Journalists announced Friday.
The story was part of a three-part series that recently earned the Society of Professional Journalists' national Sigma Delta Chi Award.
Murrow Awards, nine Sigma Delta Chi awards and several first place Associated Press honors.
So starting this year, anyone who applies for a Sigma Delta Chi Award for Excellence in Journalism will be required to submit any corrections, clarifications or challenges to the story.
A survey by the journalism society Sigma Delta Chi found that of 3,105 congressional hearings in 1953, 1,357 were closed to the press.