In 1935, the British granted a mineral mining monopoly to the South African-based diamond conglomerate, De Beers, via its subsidiary, the Sierra Leone Selection Trust, which was planned to last 98 years.
What does SLST stand for?
SLST stands for Sierra Leone Selection Trust (est. 1928)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SLST
We have 2 other meanings of SLST in our Acronym Attic
- Single Layer, Single Sided (DVD)
- Stephen Lewis Secondary School (Thornhill, ON, Canada)
- Steveston-London Secondary School (Richmond, British Columbia, Canada)
- Students' Life Satisfaction Scale
- Surf Life Saving Sydney (Little Bay, New South Wales, Australia)
- SUSE Linux Standard Server
- Systems Library Subscription Service
- Surf Life Saving Sydney Northern Beaches (Collaroy, Australia)
- Sea Level Static Thrust
- Service Leavers' Support Team (British Armed Forces transition to civilian life)
- Single Locus Sequence Typing (microbiology)
- St. Louis, San Francisco, and Texas Railway Company
- Stage Lighting and Sound Team
- Surf Life Saving Tasmania
- Saint Louis Steam Train Association
- Space Life Sciences Training Program (NASA)
- Spaceflight and Lunar Sciences and Technology Program (US NASA)
- State Level Science Talent Search Examination (Unified Council; India)
- Spoken Language Systems Technology Workshop
- Sea Level Static Uninstalled (engine thrust)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1935, the colonial authorities concluded an agreement with De Beers' Sierra Leone Selection Trust (SLST), giving the company exclusive mining and prospecting rights over the entire country for 99 years.