Stahl then moved to the Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund (now Earthjustice) before taking his current job as executive director of Forest Service Employees for Environmental Ethics in 1994, a watchdog group made up of current and former Forest Service employees and others that advocates environmental stewardship and protects whistle-blowers.
What does SCLDF stand for?
SCLDF stands for Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Side-Chain Liquid-Crystalline Polymer
- Southern Cape Land Committee Trust (South Africa)
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference Tapes
- Space-Charge Limited Current Transient
- San Cristobal Land Development (Panama)
- Scottish Consortium for Learning Disability (Glasgow, Scotland, UK)
- Severe and Complex Learning Difficulties
- South Central Long Distance
- Specialist Practitioner Community Learning Disabilities Nursing
- Spokane County Library District (Washington)
- Sakai Collaboration and Learning Environment (open-source course management system)
- Silver-Silver Chloride Electrode
- Space-Charge-Limited Emission (electrons)
- Student-Centered Learning Environment
- Subacute Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
- Swedish Core Language Engine
- Sonoma County Law Enforcement Association (California)
- Signal Corps Logistics Evaluation Committee
- South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
- Southern California Lions Eye Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
Your cover story about adapting to climate change ("Ready or Not," Autumn 2011)reminded me of a tussle I got into with a colleague at the Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund many years ago.
A former attorney for the Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund in Washington, DC, where he was lead counsel on several precedent-setting air pollution cases, Herzberg is also a former deputy attorney general for the State of New Jersey and served as acting assistant counsel to former New Jersey Governor Brendan T.
He currently serves as chairman of the Business Council for International Understanding, is on the Advisory Board of the Center for Strategic & International Studies, and is a trustee of the Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund.
The President has always pursued judicial selection by consensus rather than confrontation," explains Nan Aron, president of the Alliance for Justice, an association of public-interest advocacy organizations, including the NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund, the Native American Rights Fund, the Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund, the Children's Defense Fund, and the Center for Law in the Public Interest.
District Court judge decided in favor of a lawsuit contesting the transfer that was filed by the Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund on behalf of NPCA and other groups.
Vic Sher, president of the Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund, has described ESA powers to protect wildlife habitat as "no different than restrictions placed on landowners who want to open a toxic waste dump.
Mark Smaalders, resource analyst with the Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund, feels the bill has been gutted of important safeguards.