The system chosen was the Mk 153 Shoulder-Launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon (Smaw), developed at the time by McDonnell Douglas Missile Systems-now Nammo Talley.
What does SMAW stand for?
SMAW stands for Shoulder-Launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SMAW
We have 1 other meaning of SMAW in our Acronym Attic
- Santa Monica Against Underage Drinking (California)
- Simulated Medieval Adventure Multi-User Game
- Southern Maine Apple Users Group
- Servizi Manutenzioni Aree Verdi (Italian: Green Areas Maintenance Service)
- Species Mean Acute Value
- Stato Maggiore Aeronautica Virtuale (Italian: Virtual Air Major Staff; flight simulation; Italy)
- Syndicat Mixte Artois Valorisation (French: Mixed Waste Valuation Syndicate)
- Superior Mesenteric Artery Vascular Resistance
- Second Marine Aircraft Wing (US Marine Corps)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Stick Metal Arc Welding
- Submerged Metal Arc Weld
- Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire (gaming)
- Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy, X-Linked 1
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy, X-Linked 2
- Sad Mackem Bastard
- Safety Monitoring Board (US NIH)
- Sage Master Builder (Sage Software)
- Saint-Médard Basket (French: Saint Médard Basketball; est. 1999)
- Salaire Mensuel de Base (French: Monthly Base Salary)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Marine Corps' Shoulder-launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon and is capable of destroying a wide variety of urban targets.
This equipment includes the Anti-Personnel/Obstacle Breaching System, M240G Medium Machine Gun, M249 Squad Automatic Weapon, Shoulder-Launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon, Light Vehicle Obscuration Smoke System, Automatic Chemical Agent Detection Alarm, AN/VDR-2 Nuclear Detection System, Multipurpose Cart, etc.
has awarded a $10 million modification to a previously awarded contract for refurbishment of the Shoulder-launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon (SMAW) to CMS Defense Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Primex Technologies, Inc.
The soldier can select either the 'superquick' mode to make a large hole in a double brick wall or the << delay >> mode for the warhead to penetrate the wall and explode inside Smaw The General Dynamics Shoulder-launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon (Smaw) in service with the US Marine Corps is another weapon that has proven its worth.
Army for a disposable version of its Shoulder-launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon (SMAW) for the side-by- side test of the Army's Bunker Defeat Munition (BDM) program.