New tills were opened as and when required, helping Sainsbury's record the shortest queue time this week.
What does SQ stand for?
SQ stands for Shortest Queue
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SQ
We have 4 other meanings of SQ in our Acronym Attic
- Submarine Patrol Zone
- Skim Potongan Zakat Berjadual (Malaysian tax regulation)
- Successive Partition Zero Coder
- Saint Peter's Zion Project
- Solubilized Porcine Zona Pellucida (protein)
- Safety Quotient
- San Quentin Prison (San Quentin, CA)
- Scalar Quantization
- Seismically Qualified
- Service Quality (TL 9000)
- Side-Quest (gaming)
- Sigma Quality (Six Sigma quality benchmark)
- Signal Quality
- Significant Quantity (nuclear weapons, fission: IAEA term for the amount of fissile material necessary)
- Singapore Airlines
- Slack Quenching
- Social Quotient (Van Sloan)
- Soldier Qualification (Canadian Forces)
- Sound Quality
- Sound Que (theater terminology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As part of a pounds 1million investment, Asda is also bringing in teams of queue busters with giant "Snowone here" fingers to point out the shortest queues to shoppers.
50 at Ayr, where I intended to have a decent bet on Manoubi, and everything was proceeding smoothly as I joined the shortest queue and began to unload my shopping.
Through an easy-to-use computer interface, the software directs operators to submit their samples to the appropriate system with the shortest queue.
Drivers fumbling for change, careering across lanes as they try to pick the shortest queue and then racing each other out of the booths like jockeys all make the Second Severn Crossing's toll area one of the most hazardous sections of the M4 motorway.
We planned to see the Lion King on our two day visit but the shortest queues were more than 90 minutes long and Anamarie's daddy would only have moaned.
With waits in England up to four months,Ldrivers targetCardiff, Swansea and Bridgend for the shortest queues.
Bank of Scotland does badly in the accurate statements category, but tops the poll for shortest queues in the branch.