The following additional netting and ordering rules also would apply: * Short-term capital losses (including short-term capital loss carryovers) would offset short-term capital gains.
What does STCG stand for?
STCG stands for Short-Term Capital Gain
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of STCG
We have 14 other meanings of STCG in our Acronym Attic
- Saudi Technical Conference and Exhibition
- Save the Children Fund (UK)
- Setting the Captive Free (prison ministry)
- Short Term Culture Filtrate
- South Tenerife Christian Fellowship (Tenerife, Canary Islands)
- Standing Committee for Foodstuffs (EU)
- Structured Trade and Commodity Finance
- Student Training Completion Fund (British Columbia, Canada)
- Science & Technology Center, Far East Office (Army)
- Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun (Pink Floyd song)
- Site Technology Coordination Group
- Speece Thorson Capital Group (Minneapolis, MN)
- Statistical Test Case Generator
- Strategic Tasking and Co-Ordination Group (UK policing)
- Synchronized Time Code Generator
- Standard Terms and Conditions for Hotel and Catering Industry (Netherlands)
- Star Trek Club Hannover eV (Hanover, Germany)
- Sutter Tracy Community Hospital (Tracy, CA)
- Southern Tuolumne County Historical Society (Groveland Yosemite Gateway Museum; California)
- Securities Trading Corporation of India Limited (est. 1994)
Samples in periodicals archive:
01 per share, short-term capital gains of $343,266, equal to $0.
51 per share of which is short-term capital gains, and $2.
1125 per share, 39% represents short-term capital gain distributions, and 13% represents return of capital.
Partnerships, as well as individuals qualifying as traders or commodity dealers, may benefit from making a mark-to-market election when trading generates short-term capital gain and ordinary income.
0785 per share, a short-term capital gain distribution of $0.
For example, if the market price of the stock sold short declines, the taxpayer potentially has a smaller amount of long-term gain in the underlying long position, but he will realize short-term capital gain when the short position is closed.
Because the stock's FMV increased between the distribution date and date of sale, short-term capital gain treatment was allocated for that portion of the gain (calculated at $113).