About AN/TPY-2 AN/TPY-2 is a high resolution, mobile, rapidly deployable X-band Radar capable of providing long-range acquisition, precision track and discrimination of all classes of ballistic missiles, from Short-Range Ballistic Missiles to Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles.
What does SRBM stand for?
SRBM stands for Short-Range Ballistic Missile
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SRBM
We have 4 other meanings of SRBM in our Acronym Attic
- Self-Rating Body Image (psychology)
- Smith Relaxation Beliefs Inventory
- Socialist Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina (former Yugoslavian state)
- Société Royale Belge des Ingénieurs et Industriels (French: Royal Belgian Society of Engineers and Industrials)
- South Riding Beekeepers Association (UK)
- Sente Rubel Bosman Lee Architects Ltd. (Deerfield, IL)
- Signing and Releasing Bill of Lading
- Solar Radio Burst Locator
- Southern Region Black Law Students Association
- Semimartingale Reflecting Brownian Motion (mathematics)
- Six-Rowed Blue Malting (barley; USDA designation)
- Solubilized Rat Brain Cell Membranes (microbiology)
- Sternum Red Bone Marrow
- Stochastic Reduced Basis Method
- Short Range Ballistic Missile Defense
- Saccade-Related Burst Neurons (neurophysiology)
- Set Random Bits to Ones (assembly language operation code)
- Shore Rentals by Owner
- Starr Ranch Bird Observatory (National Audubon Society; California)
- Super Rapid Blooming Off-Board Chaff
Samples in periodicals archive:
Islamabad, Rabi'II 5, 1434, Feb 15, 2013, SPA -- Pakistan Friday tested a short-range ballistic missile, the military said according to dpa.
These weapons complement an existing array of medium-range and short-range ballistic missiles, several of which are capable of striking American bases and allies in the region, the report concluded.
The Aegis system aboard the USS Fitzgerald, an Arleigh Burke class destroyer, successfully intercepted a cruise missile over water but apparently failed to destroy a short-range ballistic missile with an SM-3 Block 1A interceptor.
Likewise, the US intelligence community at various periods has assessed that a nuclear capability may have been developed for short-range ballistic missiles such as the DF-15.
BRITAIN voiced renewed concern over Iran's military ambitions yesterday, after Tehran claimed it had successfully test-fired an upgraded version of its short-range ballistic missile.
Iran: Iran has fired an upgraded version of its Fateh-110 short-range ballistic missile in a "successful" test of its ability to hit stationary land or sea targets, Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi said on Saturday, according to state television.
Rawalpindi, May 10 ( ANI ): Pakistan has successfully test fired the Hatf III Ghaznavi, a short-range ballistic missile, the Inter Services Public Relation (ISPR) said.