Two recent articles included aging as a tool to study the ecology of the Argentine short-finned squid in Brazil: Schwarz and Perez (2010) used statoliths readings to study their growth and maturation, and Schroeder and Perez (2010) used recent daily increments (Dis) recorded on the gladius to compare growth among different seasonal spawners.
What does SQI stand for?
SQI stands for Short-Finned Squid (FAO species code)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SQI
We have 31 other meanings of SQI in our Acronym Attic
- Saskatchewan Quarter Horse Association (Canada)
- Swedish Quarter Horse Association
- Stock Quality Health Check (library evaluation tool; UK)
- Safety, Quality Health and Environmental Protection (ship safety)
- Senior Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (degree)
- Small Quantity Handlers of Universal Waste
- Serial Quad I/O (4 bit multiplexed I/O serial interface flash memory device)
- Service Qualité Immobilier (French: Quality Real Estate Service)
- Service Quality Index
- Service Quality Institute
- Simple Query Interface
- Smiling Quietly Inside
- Software Quality Consulting Institute Ltd (Hungary)
- Software Quality Improvement
- Software Quality Institute (Griffith University, Queensland, Australia)
- Software Quality Investment
- Soil Quality Institute
- Solution Quality Index
- Space Quest I (game)
- Special Qualifications Identifier
Samples in periodicals archive:
Maximum speed for migrating short-finned squid has been estimated at 20-30 km/day (Dawe et al.
First genetic validation and diagnosis of the short-finned squid species of the genus Illex (Cephalopoda: Ommastrephidae).