To successfully achieve this protection, the RSADF has purchased Short Range Air Defense Systems (SHORAD) and high to medium range air defense (HIMAD) missile systems.
What does SHORADS stand for?
SHORADS stands for Short Range Air Defense System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Shift Handover Routines
- Siberian Husky Ophthalmic Registry (Siberian Husky Club of America)
- Stimulus Hypothesis Option Response
- Stop Here on Red
- Student House of Representatives (dental hygienists)
- Shore Activity
- Short-Range Air Defense
- Short Range Air Defense Command and Control
- Short Range Air Defense Command & Control
- Short Range Air Defense Engagement Zone
- Short-Range Aid to Navigation
- Shore Consolidated Allowance List
- Shore-based Aviation Consolidated Allowance List
- Shore-based Consolidated Allowance List
- Social and Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Shore Site Consolidated Allowances List
- Short Range Land Combat (missile system)
- Shore Required Operational Capability
- Shore Requirements, Standards & Manpower Planning System
- Self-Healing and Optimizing Routing Technique
Samples in periodicals archive:
This award provides the Spanish Air Force with a robust, transportable and lethal short range air defense system.
Army Tuesday accepted delivery of the first two production Ground Based Sensor radar systems for its Short Range Air Defense System (SHORADS) from the Hughes Aircraft Co.