Baclofen patients had significantly greater improvement on the Short Opiate Withdrawal Scale as well as the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression at the end of the 12-week study than did placebo patients.
What does SOWS stand for?
SOWS stands for Short Opiate Withdrawal Scale
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SOWS
We have 1 other meaning of SOWS in our Acronym Attic
- Stichting Overlegorgaan Welzijn Ouderen Gorssel (Dutch elderly welfare foundation)
- Social Work Student Organization
- Site Observational Work Plan
- Society of Wireless Pioneers
- OSW (Official Scrabble Words) OSPD (Official Scrabble Players Dictionary) (Scrabble word list; anagram of two acronyms)
- Subjective Opiate Withdrawal Questionnaire
- Submarine Overhaul Work Requirement Authorization
- Southwest Radar Balloon (aerostat)
- State of Oregon Water Resources Department
- Save Our Wild Salmon
- Subjective Opiate Withdrawal Scale (addiction treatment)
- Social Welfare Society Akkaraipattu
- Special Olympics World Summer Games (international athletics)
- South Okanagan Womens Soccer League (Canada)
- Special Operations Weather Team
- Special Olympics West Virginia
- Low Pressure Sodium Lighting
- Oxides of Sulfur
- Philadelphia Semiconductor Index
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (public company accounting reform)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As a primary measure of effectiveness, the severity of the subjects' withdrawal symptoms was evaluated using the Short Opiate Withdrawal Scale (SOWS-Gossop), a subjective assessment in which patients rate their individual withdrawal experiences.