LogicaCMG, chair of the committee and the company responsible for the original short message peer-to-peer protocol (SMPP) definition, will remain the guardian of the protocol, as well as continuing its active role in messaging innovation for SMS, MMS and IP platforms.
What does SMPP stand for?
SMPP stands for Short Message Peer-to-Peer (protocol)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SMPP
We have 17 other meanings of SMPP in our Acronym Attic
- Software Migration Project Office (IBM service to migrate databases)
- Sound Motion Picture Operator (US Navy)
- Specialist Migrant Placement Officer (Australia)
- Styrene Monomer Propylene Oxide
- Santa Maria Police Officers Association (Santa Maria, CA)
- Santa Monica Police Officers Association (Santa Monica, CA)
- Schuss Mountain Property Owners Association (Michigan)
- Secure Military Power Plant
- Senior Medicare Patrol Project
- Sensory Motor Performance Program (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago; Chicago, IL)
- Standard Model of Particle Physics
- Subject Matter Preparation Program
- Short Message Peer to Peer Provisioning Protocol
- Small and Medium Practices Permanent Task Force (International Federation of Accountants; New York, NY)
- Seksueel Misbruik in Pastorale Relaties (Dutch: Sexual Abuse in Pastoral Relationships; Netherlands)
- Semi-Monthly Progress Report
- Senior Management Program Review
- Social Media Press Release
- Subcontractor Management Procedure
- Supply & Maintenance Plan & Report
Samples in periodicals archive:
The technology operates as a service bureau to connect wireless carriers' messaging systems and to route messages between carriers using standard messaging protocols such as MAP to Short Message Peer-to-Peer Protocol (SMPP) conversion.
TCS' messaging platforms are highly interoperable; they serve as the inter-carrier messaging foundations for a wide variety of Signaling System 7 (SS7) and Short Message Peer-to-Peer Protocol (SMPP) solutions.
In addition to protection from email sources of spam, TCS' anti-spam gateway applies the same filtering and blocking rules to all possible spam sources including web based traffic using hyper-text transfer protocol (http) and text messaging based on short message peer-to-peer protocol (smpp).
Short Message Peer-to-Peer (SMPP) - This protocol supports two-way messaging for domestic and European carriers, including AT&T Wireless, Cingular Wireless, Sprint PCS and VoiceStream.
Corporate message waiting notification can be supported by more recent model voicemail systems, however there are a number of legacy systems that cannot support the Short Message Peer-to-Peer Protocol (SMPP) interface needed to send notification to the handset via the Short Message Service Center (SMSC).
Using the industry standard Short Message Peer-to-Peer (SMPP) protocol, the Mpathix messaging platform and ADC's NewNet SMserver will interoperate to deliver message waiting indication to wireless handsets.