In other words, this primordial animal already must have had all the genes in the most important signaling cascades--such as Delta/Notch--and the gradient system creating the dorsal-ventral axis with decapentaplegic (DPP) and short gastrulation (SOG).
What does Sog stand for?
Sog stands for Short Gastrulation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Sog
We have 78 other meanings of Sog in our Acronym Attic
- Schweizerische Orchideen-Gesellschaft (German: Swiss Orchid Society)
- Sea of Green (cannabis harvesting)
- Sea-Of-Gates (semiconductors)
- Seat Of Government
- Senior Officials Group
- Senior Oversight Group
- Sergeant Of the Guard
- Service Order Gateway
- Service Order Grouping
- Shades of Green (Armed Forces Recreation Center, Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In particular, diffusion rate differences between free Dpp and a complex of Dpp and another protein, Short gastrulation (Sog), are essential for the formation of the Dpp gradient (Eldar et al.