[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Site of Shippingport atomic power station, the first commercial nuclear power plant in the United States (rectangular reactor building and foreground); background, Beaver Valley 1 and 2 nuclear power plants and Bruce Mansfield coal-fired power plant (southwestern Pennsylvania).
What does SAPS stand for?
SAPS stands for Shippingport Atomic Power Station (Shippingport, PA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAPS
We have 64 other meanings of SAPS in our Acronym Attic
- SAP Application Benchmark Performance Standard (throughput unit for HW sizing)
- Sarvadeshik Arya Pratinidhi Sabha
- Satellite Antenna Protection System (US DoD)
- Scaling and Probabilistic Smoothing (algorithm)
- School of Applied Sciences (various schools)
- Science and Plants for Schools (biology program)
- Seismological Acquisition and Processing System
- Service Assurance Production Support (Sprint)
- Session Attempts Per Second
- Shed Acute Phase Antigen
- Signal Algorithmic Processing System (from Hunt for Red October, Tom Clancy novel)
- Simplified Acute Physiology Scores
- Skills, Abilities, Potential and Suitability (interviewing and evaluation)
- Small Arms Perception Survey
- Sonar Adaptive Processing Study
- South African Police Service
- Southern Auto Problem Solutions
- Spectator Amateur Press Society (est. 1947)
- Stand Alone Power Systems
- Statistical Analysis of Protein Sequences
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dismantling has just begun on the 72-megawatt Shippingport Atomic Power Station outside Pittsburgh--the first commercial U.
Shaw and Westinghouse have a long history of working together, dating back over 50 years, including their joint efforts in the building of Shippingport Atomic Power Station, the first commercial nuclear reactor in the United States.