Raytheon IDS provides the Shipboard Wide Area Network (SWAN), integrated product data environment, total ship information management, and integrated ship electronics architecture for the LPD-17 class.
What does SWAN stand for?
SWAN stands for Shipboard Wide Area Network
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SWAN
We have 70 other meanings of SWAN in our Acronym Attic
- South West Aboriginal Medical Service (est. 1997; Australia)
- Sacramento Wide Area Networking project
- SARDA Wide Area Network
- Satellite Wide Area Network
- Scientific Women’s Academic Network (UK)
- Secure Wide Area Network
- Semantic Web Annotator
- Serial Wide Area Network
- Service Women's Action Network
- Shan Women's Action Network (Myanmar and Thailand)
- Simulator for Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
- Singapore Women's Auxiliary Naval Service
- Sleep Well At Night (term for low-risk investments)
- Smart, Hard Working, Ambitious and Nice
- Social Work Access Network
- Society of Women Addicted to Needlework
- Solar Wind ANisotropies
- Somebody Worth Accepting Now (Phoenix, Arizona)
- South West Artist Network
- South Western Association of Naturalists
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company provides the Shipboard Wide Area Network, integrated product data environment, total ship information management, and integrated ship electronics architecture for the LPD 17 class of ships.
The trials, which were held at Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding facilities in New Orleans and the Gulf of Mexico, demonstrated the performance and capabilities of Raytheon systems integrated onboard, including ship control and navigation, engineering control, voice and video communications, magnetic signature control systems, and the Shipboard Wide Area Network.
Development of the Shipboard Wide Area Network (SWAN) is a first for our industry, and its integration into LPD 17 is a key enabler in meeting the Navy's goal of total ownership cost.