AMEX: DRS) announced today that it has been awarded new contracts to provide engineering development and production services for digital communications and recorder systems to support its Shipboard Integrated Communications (SHINCOM) systems installed on the Canadian Navy's surface ships.
What does SHINCOM stand for?
SHINCOM stands for Shipboard Integrated Communications (Canadian Navy)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Swift Heavy Ions in Materials Engineering and Characterization
- Single Hit Multi Functional Machining (research and development project)
- Symposium on Health Information Management Research (UK)
- Supply House Information Management System (NXTrend)
- Sydney Harbour Institute of Marine Science (Australia)
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) Health Information Network (Rockville, MD; US DHHS)
- Sanada Hiroyuki Inspired Nuances (website)
- Saskatchewan Health Information Network (Canada)
- Sherut Ha-Bitachon (Security Service, Israel)
- Sundays and Holidays Included
- School Hydrological Information Network (Philippines)
- Seeking Harmony in Neighborhoods Everyday
- Self-Help International Network Enterprise
- Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders (Department of Elder Affairs, Florida)
- Serving Health Insurance Needs of the Elderly
- Serving the Health Information Needs of Elders (Massachusetts)
- Sexual Health Information Networking and Education (South Australia)
- Satellite-HAP (High Altitude Platform) Integrated Networks
- Shipboard Integrated Processing & Display System (Canada)
- Scalable Healthcare Integrated Platform
Samples in periodicals archive:
8 million contract, DRS will replace the existing Shipboard Integrated Communications (SHINCOM) system radio cryptographic Type B interface on board the Halifax class frigates and the SHINCOM radio interface on the Iroquois and Protecteur class ships with VME-based technology.
3 million contract, DRS will supply and install Shipboard Integrated Communications (SHINCOM) 2100 systems on board the F-23, F-24, F-25 and F-26 Venezuelan frigates, which support anti-air, antisurface and antisubmarine warfare missions.