Shift-invariant spaces can have different sets of generators; the smallest number of generators is called the length of the space.
What does SIS stand for?
SIS stands for Shift-Invariant Space (mathematics)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SIS
We have 658 other meanings of SIS in our Acronym Attic
- Sequential Importance Sampling
- Serial Interface Server
- Serotonin Irritation Syndrome
- Server Infrastructure Strategy
- Services Information System (North Carolina)
- Servicio de Inteligencia Naval (Italian: Naval Intelligence Service)
- Servicios Israelis de Seguridad (Guatemalan security firm)
- Serviços de Informação e Segurança
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Shekou International School (China)
- Shimano Index System
- Ship's Information System
- Shipbuilding Innovation Scheme (Australia)
- Shivas Irons Society (golf; Carmel, CA)
- Shock Inertia Switch
- Shop in Shop (various companies)
- Shuttle Interface Subsystem (US NASA)
- Side Impact Sensor (automobiles)
- Siemens Industrial Services (Canada)
- Siemens IT Solutions
Samples in periodicals archive:
Grochenig, Nonuniform sampling and reconstruction in shift-invariant spaces, SIAM Review, 43, 585-620, 2001.
In more recent years it has become common to let V be a shift-invariant space of the form [V.