The Shellfish Association of Great Britain (SAGB) said it welcomed all research that could help improve understanding of norovirus and painted out that the industry had cooperated fully wit h the FSA's rese arch efforts.
What does SAGB stand for?
SAGB stands for Shellfish Association of Great Britain (London, UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SAGB
We have 6 other meanings of SAGB in our Acronym Attic
- South Africa Grantmakers Affinity Group (Warrenton, VA)
- Systeme d' Autodefense pour La Guerre Infra-Rouge et Electromagnetique (French naval decoy system)
- Service Academy Gay and Lesbian Alumni Association (unofficial; US Naval Academy)
- Scientific Advisory Group on Antimicrobials (Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use; EU)
- South Asian Group for Action and Reflection (Chicago, IL)
- Secretaría de Agricultura, Ganadería, Desarrollo Rural, Pesca y Alimentación (México)
- Saudi Advisory Group Against Stroke (Saudi Arabia)
- Southern Area Group of Astronomical Societies (England, UK)
- Situation Awareness Global Assessment Technique
- Schizophrenia Association of Great Britain
- Silicone-Adjustable Gastric Banding (surgery)
- Skibob Association of Great Britain
- Spiritualist Association of Great Britain (est. 1872; UK)
- Swedish Adjustable Gastric Band
- Space And Ground Based Observations
- Stress Accelerated Grain Boundary Oxidization (metallurgy)
- Sprocket's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Wisconsin
- San Antonio Gun Club (Texas)
- Secretary of the Army's General Counsel
- Self Assessment of Generic Capabilities (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I have featured it in the new London Oyster Guide I have written in conjunction with the Shellfish Association of Great Britain and publishers Graffeg.
The toxins in shellfish sub-committee of the environment, food and rural affairs committee will hear evidence on Monday from the FSA as well as from the Shellfish Association of Great Britain and one of the big players in the industry, Kershaws Quality Foods of Southport.
Numerous stalls and,on the second night, a seafood dinner, with guest speaker Dr Eric Edwards OBE, retired head of Shellfish Association of Great Britain.
Lower pricing had helped prawns, which in some cases were now cheaper than meat, to shake off their premium image to become an affordable, versatile seafood that could be incorporated into a wide range of dishes, said Tom Pickerell, development manager at the Shellfish Association of Great Britain.
We are stunned that the FSA has failed to include shellfish in its 2-a-week advice," said Tom Pickerell, director of the Shellfish Association of Great Britain.
To raise the profile of oysters and increase demand among shoppers, the Shellfish Association of Great Britain will be running a series of events starting this month.
The Shellfish Association of Great Britain has adopted the FSA's controversial traffic-light labelling in a drive to promote the health benefits of shellfish.