Researchers at Sheffield Hallam University in South Yorkshire, UK have recently concluded that pomegranate juice may improve cardiovascular risk because of the presence of antioxidant polyphenols.
What does SHU stand for?
SHU stands for Sheffield Hallam University (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SHU
We have 27 other meanings of SHU in our Acronym Attic
- Schleswig-Holsteinischer Turnverband (Germany)
- Sacred Heart University (Fairfield, CT, USA)
- School Health Unit (various schools)
- Scoville Heat Unit
- Security Housing Unit (prison)
- Segregated Housing Unit (prison)
- Selective Hydrogenation Unit
- Seton Hall University (South Orange, New Jersey, USA; founded in 1856)
- Seton Hill University (Greensburg, Pennsylvania)
- Shanghai University
- Ships Head Up (type of marine radar display)
- Siena Heights University (Adrian, MI)
- Solitary Housing Unit
- Special Housing Unit (prison)
- Split-Horison Updates
- Syndrome Hémolytique et Urémique (French: Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome)
- Safe House for Unwanted Animals (UK)
- Show Up and Blow Up (paddle board)
- Shaughnessy Heights United Church (Canada)
- Shower Hook (portable shower head holder)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The girl's father, Hikmat, who is studying for a PhD at Sheffield Hallam University, told BBC Radio:"There is a small garden on the fourth-floor of this building.
Scientists from Sheffield Hallam University tested seaweed bread on nearly 80 healthy but overweight men aged 18 to 65.
Ed graduated from Sheffield Hallam University with a bachelor's i degree in financial studies.
Embarrassing Bodies: Teen Special Channel 4, 9pm The mobile clinic is parking up at Sheffield Hallam University and doctors Christian, Pixie and Dawn are back to let the youth of today know that these needn''t be the worst years of your life.
The Dream and Memory Box Smurfit Kappa joined forces with Sheffield Hallam University and their on-site packaging consultancy, Design Futures in working on a unique brief to aid and rehabilitate patients suffering from memory loss.
The study, carried out by Crisis and Sheffield Hallam University found unhelpful councils and a lack of knowledge of available help caused those that lost their home through job loss or relationship breakdown to stay homeless for years.
Sheffield Hallam University officials sent out a warning email minutes later - but too late for some.