The board and a requirement that sheet metal workers be state-certified by passing an exam stem from a 2007 fire at an Asian restaurant in West Roxbury in which two firefighters died and 11 others were injured.
What does SMW stand for?
SMW stands for Sheet Metal Workers
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SMW
We have 44 other meanings of SMW in our Acronym Attic
- Superior Mesenteric Venous Thrombosis (gastric disease)
- Surface Mount Vertical Turbine (pump)
- Sustained Monomorphic Ventricular Tachycardia
- Survey of Motor Vehicle Use (Australia)
- Sustained Maximal Voluntary Ventilation
- Shared Multicast Virtual Worlds
- Schares Metal Works (Oelwein, IA)
- Security Manager Workstation
- Semantic MediaWiki (Web application)
- Setup Manager Wizard (Microsoft Windows)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Sheet Metal Training Fund is a partnership of Sheet Metal Workers Local 16 and the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National Association, Boyd said.
The current members are from the sheet metal workers union, the electricians union, Wells Fargo Insurance and MGM Mirage.
They will take on other students, apprentices and sheet metal workers from around the country at the Heritage Motor Centre in Gaydon on Wednesday.
Those trades people affected are electricians, hoisting engineers, plumbers, refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanics, sheet metal workers and steamfitters.
business manager of Sheet Metal Workers Local 19, as secretary/treasurer; and Ed Fedorko, business manager of Asbestos Workers Local 89, as recording secretary.
For instance, the study found that the risk of leukemia increased fourfold for children whose fathers were among a small sample of sheet metal workers.
The shopmen comprised a diverse group occupationally of machinists, boilermakers, blacksmiths, sheet metal workers, electricians, carpenters, painters, apprentices, and laborers.