Summary: SHARJAH - The Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority (SEWA) has suspended the operation of water desalination units in Kalba due to the red tide phenomenon off the coast of the area.
What does SEWA stand for?
SEWA stands for Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SEWA
We have 4 other meanings of SEWA in our Acronym Attic
- Sovereign Empire Wrestling
- Space and Electronic Warfare
- Space, Electronic Warfare
- Special Effects Weaponry
- Spiritual Emphasis Week
- Standard Electric Works Co, Ltd
- Surface Electromagnetic Wave
- 30th IEEE Software Engineering Workshop
- Shared Early Warning Display
- Self-Employed Women's Association
- Sikh Education Welfare and Advancement (UK)
- Society for Education, Welfare and Action (India)
- Sumitomo Electric Wintec America, Inc. (Edmonton, KY)
- Surface Energy and Water Balance
- Social and Emotional Well Being
- Southeastern Washington Building and Construction Trades Council
- Sierra Environmental Water Caucus (Sierra Nevada Alliance)
- Southeastern Workers Conference
- Space and Electronic Warfare Commander
- Space and Electronic Warfare Coordinator
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sharjah: Police yesterday arrested 10 men for allegedly attempting to steal high pressure cables from an electricity station in Al Saj area belonging to Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority (Sewa).
Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority (SEWA) has awarded Elster (headquartered in Germany) a contract to supply 33,000 of its V100 volumetric water meters, as part of SEWA's current metering roll-out programme.
The grid is run by the Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority (SEWA), whose power and water desalination plants are run on natural gas.
18 July 2005 ROLLS-ROYCE WINS $40M TRENT 60 ORDER FOR SHARJAH POWER STATION EXPANSION Rolls-Royce said today that the Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority (SEWA) has chosen Trent 60 generation sets to power the latest phase of the Wasit power plant expansion.
According to the paper, Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority (Sewa) Directorate of Natural Gas Distribution manager Tareq Demas said the project's initial phase, which will focus on emirate-owned vehicles, is expected to begin "soon," with other vehicles to be addressed at a later date.
Some of the prominent players in the UAE energy market are Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority and Federal Electricity and Water Authority.
The Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority (Sewa) apologised for the inconvenience caused -- as in many areas the water supply was reduced to as low as ten per cent -- and thanked the public for their cooperation during the maintenance period from November 28 to December 3.