UNAIDS will work together with UN Peacekeepers to distribute inflatable solar-powered lights to women and families, initially in five pilot countries affected by conflict, as a way of broaching the complex and sensitive issues of sexual and gender-based violence against women and HIV.
What does SGBV stand for?
SGBV stands for Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Strathclyde Graduate Business School (UK)
- Southern Great Basin Seismic Network
- Space-to-Ground Baseband Signal Processor
- Schottky Gate Bipolar Transistor
- Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Biomedizinische Technik
- Société Générale Bank and Trust (Luxembourg)
- Stochastic Gradient Boosting Tree (online searching)
- Sweet Georgia Brown Tool Box (karaoke CD)
- Sierra Gold Boston Terrier Club (California)
- Software Global Business Unit
- Santander Global Connect
- Saskatchewan Gaming Corporation (Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Satellite Ground Station
- Scottsdale Gun Club (Arizona)
- ScrewAttack Gaming Convention (annual)
- Security Growth Conference
- Seneca Gaming Corporation (Niagarall Falls, NY)
- Sentencing Guidelines Council (UK)
- Sentosa Golf Club (Singapore)
- Serata Geomechanical Corporation (Fremont, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hidden violence is silent rape: sexual and gender-based violence in refugees, asylum seekers and undocumented migrants in Belgium and the Netherlands.
Sexual and gender-based violence is a pervasive global health problem, rooted primarily in the context of women's and girls' subordinate status in society.
14) A study commissioned by the Gulu District Sub-Committee on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Group on the nature of gender-based violence in one camp found that "organized care services were not only missing but even sensitization and mobilization of people appeared to be at rudimentary level".