Stemming from its commitment to care for the sick, the Sexual Assault Examiners Program at Mercy offers emergency contraception as it is "highly effective in preventing a woman from becoming pregnant from the violent crime of rape," according to Debra Holbrook, the article's author and the coordinator of forensic nursing at Mercy.
What does SAE stand for?
SAE stands for Sexual Assault Examiner
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAE
We have 241 other meanings of SAE in our Acronym Attic
- Senior Associate Editor
- Serious Adverse Event
- Serious Adverse Event (clinical trials)
- Service Acquisition Executive
- Services Assisted Evacuation
- Services aux Entreprises (French: Business Services; Canada)
- Services aux Etudiants (French: Student Services; Canada)
- Services d'Aide aux Employés (French: Employee Assistance Service; Canada)
- Sexual Abuse and Exploitation (various organizations)
- Sexual Assault Evidence
- Shared Application Environment
- Sharing-of-ELINT Analysis Effort
- Shipboard Antenna Electronics
- Siamese Algae Eater (tropical aquarium fish)
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Significant Adverse Event (medical reaction)
- Single Above Elbow (amputation)
- Site Acceptance Evaluation
- Site Area Emergency (Nuclear)
- Small Animal Emergency (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Martin (2002:106) supports this finding and suggests that the training of medical sexual assault examiners should be formalised and recognised through incentives.
She is also the Coordinator of Graduate Education at the Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing (FSMFN) and is in clinical practice as a sexual assault examiner in Nashville, Tenn.