Applying a sex- and gender-based analysis reveals that historically, men have had higher mortality rates from CVD, leading to the perception that CVD is a disease mainly afflicting middle-aged men.
What does SGBA stand for?
SGBA stands for Sex- and Gender-Based Analysis
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SGBA
- Steam Gunboat (UK Royal Navy 1943-44)
- Student Government Board
- Super Game Boy
- Sappi Great Birding Adventure (South Africa)
- Saskatchewan Goat Breeders Association (Canada)
- School Governing Body Association (South Africa)
- School of Government and Business Administration
- Scottish Green Belts Alliance (UK)
- Scottish GrifBall Association
- Sebastian GB Amyes
- Shakopee Girls Basketball Association (Savage, MN)
- Sierra Green Building Association
- Singapore Green Business Alliance
- Socksargen Gamefowl Breeders Association (Philippines)
- Soka Gakkai Buddhists Association
- South Granville Business Association (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- South Gwinnett Band Association (Snellville, GA)
- Southern Group Business Advisors (UK)
- Sovereign Grace Baptist Association
- St George Baseball Association Inc. (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sex- and gender-based analysis (SGBA) was developed as a method to explore and understand the impact of biological differences between and among women and men, as well as to highlight the effects of gender differences in power, privilege, and opportunity on health and well-being.
Rising to the Challenge: Sex and Gender-based Analysis for Health Planning, Policy and Research in Canada By Barbara Clow, Ann Pederson, Margaret Haworth-Brockman, and Jennifer Bernier (2009) Rising to the Challenge is a book that describes the process of sex- and gender-based analysis and offers a collection of case studies and commentaries that illustrate SGBA in action.