Appraising the evidence: Applying sex- and gender-based analysis (SGBA) to Cochrane systematic reviews on cardiovascular diseases.
What does SGBA stand for?
SGBA stands for Sex- and Gender-Based Analysis
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SGBA
- Steam Gunboat (UK Royal Navy 1943-44)
- Student Government Board
- Super Game Boy
- Sappi Great Birding Adventure (South Africa)
- Saskatchewan Goat Breeders Association (Canada)
- School Governing Body Association (South Africa)
- School of Government and Business Administration
- Scottish Green Belts Alliance (UK)
- Scottish GrifBall Association
- Sebastian GB Amyes
- Shakopee Girls Basketball Association (Savage, MN)
- Sierra Green Building Association
- Singapore Green Business Alliance
- Socksargen Gamefowl Breeders Association (Philippines)
- Soka Gakkai Buddhists Association
- South Granville Business Association (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- South Gwinnett Band Association (Snellville, GA)
- Southern Group Business Advisors (UK)
- Sovereign Grace Baptist Association
- St George Baseball Association Inc. (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Applying a sex- and gender-based analysis reveals that historically, men have had higher mortality rates from CVD, leading to the perception that CVD is a disease mainly afflicting middle-aged men.
Also from the Centres of Excellence, this issue features highlights from the new publication Rising to the Challenge: Sex- and gender-based analysis for health planning, policy and research in Canada.
In fact, research shows that a sex- and gender-based analysis leads to better science.