This will greatly reduce the number of gun sales to felons, domestic abusers, the severely mentally ill, and other dangerous people.
What does SMI stand for?
SMI stands for Severely Mentally Ill
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SMI
We have 392 other meanings of SMI in our Acronym Attic
- Senior Marine Instructor (USMC JROTC)
- Senior Military Instructor (Army ROTC)
- Separation Minima Infringement (aircraft)
- Sergeant Major Instructor
- Serial Management Interface
- Serious Mental Illness
- Service Management Interface
- Service Management International (UK)
- Service Médical Interentreprises (French: Business to Business Medical Service)
- Service Médical International (French: International Medical Service; est. 1983)
- Severely Mentally Impaired
- Shape Modeling International (International Conference)
- Shared Memory Interface
- Sherwood Manufacturing, Inc. (Longmont, CO)
- Ship Manpower Information
- Ship Modification Instruction
- Side Mount Intercooler (automotive turbo systems)
- Siemens Medical Instruments (Singapore)
- Siemens Microelectronics, Inc. (Cupertino, CA)
- Silent Myocardial Infarction
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Community Health Centers of Lane County provide primary care at four sites in the Eugene-Springfield area and specialty mental health services to severely mentally ill adults and children at the mental health building on Martin Luther King Jr.
For people who are severely mentally ill, fees will increase from pounds 611.
It followed the failure of an 11th-hour appeal by his lawyers to commute the sentence to life imprisonment on the grounds the convicted murderer was severely mentally ill.
The most positive outcome of this ruling is that the policy and management mistakes of the past decade and a half are now highlighted, and PCTs should now have to plan the funding and establishment of NHS facilities for those patients unlucky enough to be diagnosed as elderly severely mentally ill.
He notes that the most severely mentally ill among the prisons population are some of the sickest people in the city.
SPS director of health and care Andrew Fraser said the condition of severely mentally ill prisoners in segregation wings was a "distressing sight".
Pritchard's research shows most child murders are committed by severely mentally ill mothers; next come mentally ill fathers, then mothers whose children are already on at-risk registers, and stepfathers or cohabitees who have a record of at least one act of violence.