CNN's coverage is the inspiring life-saving story of a child with Dravet Syndrome, also known as severe myoclonic epilepsy of infancy (SMEI), who nearly died from 5 years of seizures and ineffective and damaging conventional treatments.
What does SMEI stand for?
SMEI stands for Severe Myoclonic Epilepsy of Infancy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SMEI
We have 10 other meanings of SMEI in our Acronym Attic
- Supplementary Memorandum of Economic and Financial Policies
- Shanghai Media Entertainment Group (China)
- Simulated Metamorphic Encryption Generator (computing)
- Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla (Italian: Guastalla Metal Enamelling Factory; appliance manufacturer; Guastalla, Italy)
- Société Monégasque de l'Electricité et du Gaz
- Subject Matter Expert Group
- Supercomputing Methods Experimental Group (UK)
- Southwestern Michigan Economic Growth Alliance, Inc. (Niles, MI)
- Synchronous Multiple Early Gastric Cancer
- Sales & Marketing Executives, International (New York nonprofit)
- Simplicity Matters Earth Institute (Keedysville, MD)
- Small/Medium Enterprise Initiative
- Solar Mass Ejection Imager (joint research project)
- Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Systems Management Engineering, Inc. (est. 1997; Reston, VA)
- Sony Music Entertainment Japan
- Sand Mobility Enhancement Kit (US Army)
- Short Message Encryption Key
- School of Modern European Languages (University of Durham; UK)
- Sequential Minimization of Entropy Loss (biophysical chemistry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Severe myoclonic epilepsy of infancy usually occurs before the age of one.
Adding to its list of United States-based collaborative research partners, Bionomics has established a collaborative agreement with the School of Medicine at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) to study genetic variations associated with Severe Myoclonic Epilepsy of Infancy.