She has over twenty years of experience providing legal and business solutions to federal contracting clients, particularly in the areas of Service Contract Act compliance and bid protests.
What does SCA stand for?
SCA stands for Service Contract Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SCA
We have 856 other meanings of SCA in our Acronym Attic
- Self-Contained Approach
- Self-Controlled Airspace
- Senescent Cell Antigen
- Senior Competition Advocate (acquisition procedures)
- Sensitive Coastal Area (South Africa)
- Sensor Chip Assembly
- Sequence Control Assembly (US NASA)
- Service Center Agencies (USDA)
- Service Component Architecture
- Service Concession Arrangement
- Service Contract Approval (US Army)
- Service Contractors Association (various organizations)
- Service Cost Avoidance
- Service Creation Agent
- Service Cryptologic Agency
- Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
- Shalom Christian Academy
- Shanghai Copyright Administration
- SharePoint Central Administration (software; Microsoft)
- Sharp Corporation of Australia Pty. Ltd.
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Service Contract Act requires hourly wages plus benefits to be incorporated into all government service contracts.
Darch points out that shortly thereafter, the agency amended the Service Contract Act, which sets the minimum wages to be paid to employees performing work on government contracts.
69) Blue & Gold asserted that the awardee failed to comply with the Service Contract Act (SCA) (70) in setting its wages and benefits, and that this failure allowed the awardee's proposal to offer better incentives to the Park Service.
Department of Labor in 2005 claiming that their benefits and pay were in violation of the federal McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act of 1965.
The markup rate is critical, since the minimum direct labor rates on these contracts are set by Department of Labor wage determinations per the Service Contract Act.
Section 807 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2005 requires periodic adjustment of the statutory acquisition-related dollar thresholds in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) for inflation, except for those established by the Davis-Bacon Act, the Service Contract Act, or trade agreements.
GAO-06-27 December 7, 2005 Recipients of federal government contracts for services are subject to wage, hour, benefits, and safety and health standards under the McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) of 1965, as amended, which specifies wage rates and other labor standards for employees of contractors.