The unit operates as a DICOM Storage Service Class Provider (SCP) to receive studies pushed to it from network-connected modalities, and as a Service Class User (SCU) to send studies to the modalities.
What does SCU stand for?
SCU stands for Service Class User (DICOM terminology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SCU
We have 123 other meanings of SCU in our Acronym Attic
- Sculpins (FAO species name code)
- Selector Checkout Unit
- Selector Control Unit
- Sembcorp Utilities Pte Ltd
- Senatus Consultum Ultimum (Latin: Final Decree of the Senate; Martial Law)
- Sensor Control Unit
- Sequence Control Unit
- Serious Crimes Unit
- Service and Cooling Umbilical (US NASA)
- Service Channel Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
OTC BB: MSGL) has successfully completed testing of DICOM (Digital Imaging Communications in Medicine) print-class software, which enables the MSGL SLICES unit to function as a Service Class User (SCU).