Additional measurements, such as serum transferrin receptor (sTFR) and sTFR/ ferritin may help differentiate between ACD and IDA.
What does sTfR stand for?
sTfR stands for Serum Transferrin Receptor
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of sTfR
We have 1 other meaning of sTfR in our Acronym Attic
- Statewide Travel Forecasting Model (Florida)
- Systems with Two Failure Modes
- St. Thomas Field Naturalists Club (Canada)
- Strong Tether Fiber Optic Cable
- SBus Time & Frequency Processor
- Short-Term Financial Plan (financial planning)
- Sleep Tight Fire Protection (Sherman Oaks, CA)
- Social Transmission of Food Preference (neuroscience)
- Science and Technology Foresight Pilot Project (Canada)
- Start-Time Fair Queuing (mobile communication architecture)
Samples in periodicals archive:
0), normal serum transferrin receptor concentration (25 [micro] mol/L), normal 24-hour urine copper excretion (0.
Iron deficiency indicators in children (8,11,14,17) Indicator/Age Normal Storage iron depletion Serum ferritin ([micro]g/L) Newborn 25-200 NA 1 month 200-600 NA 2-5 months 50-200 NA 6 months-3 years 7-140 <7 Serum iron ([micro]g/dL) Newborn 100-250 NA 1-12 months 40-100 NA 1-3 years 50-120 NA TIBC ([micro]g/dL) 1-12 months 100-400 360-390 1-3 years 100-400 360-390 % transferrin saturation 1-12 months 35-55% 15-30% 1-3 years 35-55% 15-30% FEP/ZPP (mg/dL) (hematoflourometer method) <30 30-99 Serum Transferrin Receptor (mg/L) 1 month-3 years <5.
An approach that uses the ratio of serum transferrin receptor (sTfR) to serum ferritin (R/F ratio) has been shown to have excellent performance in estimating body iron stores (6, 7).
Automated immunoturbidimetric method for measuring serum transferrin receptor [Technical Brief].
Quantitative assessment of erythropoiesis and functional classification of anemia based on measurements of serum transferrin receptor and erythropoietin.
Serum transferrin receptor distinguishes the anemia of chronic disease from iron deficiency anemia.
Single values of serum transferrin receptor and transferrin receptor ferritin index can be used to detect true and functional iron defciency in rheumatoid arthritis patients with anemia.