Abstract: Serum protein electrophoresis has gained importance in avian medicine during the past decade.
What does SPEP stand for?
SPEP stands for Serum Protein Electrophoresis
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SPEP
We have 12 other meanings of SPEP in our Acronym Attic
- Statewide Police Emergency Network (for inter-agency communications during emergencies)
- Special Naval Observer (US Navy)
- Substation Plant Equipment Numbering System (South East England)
- Senior Principal Executive Officer (Hong Kong)
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Engineering Outreach (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Stichting Pensioenfonds Elsevier Ondernemingen (Dutch: Elsevier Enterprise Pension Foundation; Netherlands)
- Systems Planning and Engineering Officer
- Systems Planning Engineering Officer
- Scottish Parliament Equal Opportunities Committee (Scotland)
- School Performance Excellence Plan (Florida)
- Side Pressure Exertion Procedure (physiology)
- Society of Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy
- Structured Practice Experiences Program
- Summer Premedical Enrichment Program (University of Cincinnati; Ohio)
- Southeastern Palm and Exotic Plant Society (Keysville, GA)
- Specialist, Motion Picture Server-Booker (US Navy)
- Still Photography Editing and Processing System (US Army)
- Stochastic Programming E-Print Series (publication)
- Self-Presentation in Exercise Questionnaire
- Société de Placement en Entreprise du Québec
Samples in periodicals archive:
The serum protein electrophoresis was carried out by series of seven samples of 90 Volt HydraGel (Kit HYDRAGEL PROTEIN (E) K20) for 22 minutes with direct current amperage from 12 [+ or -] 3 milliamperes.
52 mmol/L)], and a 4800-mg/dL (48-g/L) monoclonal protein band (M-spike) after serum protein electrophoresis (SPEP).
A diagnosis of multiple myeloma was considered, but findings on serum protein electrophoresis, urine protein electrophoresis, and urine immunoelectrophoresis were normal.
Humoral immunosuppressant activity of aflatoxin ingestion in rabbits measured by response to Mycobacterium bovis antigens using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and serum protein electrophoresis.
Serum protein electrophoresis was performed on a Helena Rep (Helena Laboratories, Beaumont, Tex), and immunofixation electrophoresis was performed using a Paragon electrophoresis system (Beckman-Coulter).
Laboratory tests demonstrated anemia of chronic disease diagnosed by a hematocrit of 25% associated with a low reticulocyte production index, high serum ferritin, and an elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate (91 mm/hr), with polyclonal hypergammaglobulinemia and hypoalbuminemia on serum protein electrophoresis.
Serum protein electrophoresis (SPEP) showed an increased a1 region, along with decreased albumin and y regions.