Serum electrophoresis showed no M band, but serum immunofixation electrophoresis was positive for amyloid light chain.
What does SEP stand for?
SEP stands for Serum Electrophoresis
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SEP
We have 443 other meanings of SEP in our Acronym Attic
- Self-Evaluation Program (various organizations)
- Selsius Ethernet Phone
- Senior Employment Program (various locations)
- Senior Executive Program
- Separations Research Program (University of Texas)
- Separator (orthodontics; programming)
- Sequence Endpoint
- Sequential Exchange Protocol (computer networking)
- Service de l'Emploi Pénitentiaire (French: Prison Employment Service)
- Service de l'Enseignement Prive (French: Service of Private Teaching, Geneva)
- Service Engineering Process
- Service Enhancement Program
- Service Entry Point (call center software)
- Service Execution Plan
- Severely Errored Period
- Sexual Encounter Profile
- Shipbuilders' Estimating Package
- Signal Entrance Panel (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Polyclonal gammopathy is a common finding in HIV, and Tathiah and colleagues present a retrospective study of serum electrophoresis patterns in patients in KZN.
In this case, for most patients, the combination ofserum FLC and serum electrophoresis will be the preferable panel when myeloma and related diseases are the diagnostic diseases of interest.
Serum electrophoresis revealed polyclonal gammaglobulinemia.
HIV and other infections may have an influence on serum electrophoresis patterns.
CASE RESOLUTION After we excluded the possibility that the unusual serum electrophoresis pattern was due to the presence of paraproteins or to analytical effects attributable to ultraviolet absorption, we found that this case illustrates that excessive release of a mucin marker protein may affect the serum electrophoresis pattern.
Serum electrophoresis showed pronounced hypoalbuminemia and hypergammaglobulinemia.
Initial laboratory tests for elevated AST/ALT should include a hepatitis B and C panel, iron and total iron-binding capacity, serum electrophoresis, and serum ceruplasmin.