The Food and Drug Administration mandates certain screening tests for blood--including tests for Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg), Hepatitis B core antibody (anti-HBc), Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) antibody (anti-HCV), Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) types 1 and 2 (anti-HIV-1 and anti-HIV-2), Human T-Lymphotropic Virus (HTLV) types I and II (anti-HTLV-I and anti-HTLV-II), serologic test for syphilis, Nucleic Acid Amplification Testing (NAT) for HIV-1 and HCV, and NAT for West Nile Virus.
What does STS stand for?
STS stands for Serologic Test for Syphilis
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of STS
We have 713 other meanings of STS in our Acronym Attic
- Security Technical Specialist (US State Department)
- Security Termination Statement
- Security Token Service
- Select Timing Service
- Selling to Seniors (newsletter)
- Sensor to Service
- Sensor to Shooter
- Sentence To Serve
- Sequence Tagged Site
- Sequential Thinning Strategy (forestry)
- Server Translation Scheme (VSS)
- Service des Tâches Spéciales (French: Service of Special Tasks)
- Service Technicians Society
- Service to Self
- Service to Servants (various locations)
- Serviciul de Telecomunicatii Speciale (Special Telephony Service; Romanian Secret Service)
- Servo-actuator Test Station
- Severe Tropical Storm
- Severn Trent System
- Seville Touring Sedan (Cadillac)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Biologic false positive serologic test for syphilis and lupus anticoagulant
Intravenous immunoglobulin, commonly used in the treatment of numerous dermatologic diseases, has the potential to impart a false-positive serologic test for syphilis that may persist for years, Dr.