Just a few recent ongoing initiatives highlight breadth and depth of A&LM's engagement: --Efforts to increase weapon systems reliability, availability, and maintainability (RAM) --Implementation of a prudent serialized item management (SIM) program --Continuing advances in standardization of parts and equipment.
What does SIM stand for?
SIM stands for Serialized Item Management (US DoD)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIM
We have 354 other meanings of SIM in our Acronym Attic
- Security Incident Management
- Security Information Management
- Security Information Manager
- Selected Ion Monitoring
- Selected Item Management
- Self Instructional Module (education)
- Semantic Information Manager
- Sensor Input/Interface Module
- Sensor Interaction Model
- Serial Interface Module
- Serials in Microform
- Service d'Informatique Médicale (French: Medical Informatics Service; Switzerland)
- Service d'Intervention Sur Mesure (French: Service Tailored Interventions)
- Service Identification Methodology (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Service Impact Management (BMC software)
- Service Impact Manager (BMC Software)
- Service Industry Marketing
- Service Information Message
- Service Ingénierie des Matériaux (French: Service Engineering Materials)
- Service Interaction Manager
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Falcon Flex program and its utilization of the DRILS maintenance data collection tool is a solid model for the Air Force as it pushes ahead with the implementation of serialized item management.
The Department now requires the use of Item Unique Identifiers (IUIDs) for items that meet established criteria, such as those having a unit cost in excess of $5,000 and requiring serialized item management.