A radio scanner reads the serial shipping container code (SSCC) and transmits it over a distance of up to 30 metres to the base station in the cart.
What does SSCC stand for?
SSCC stands for Serial Shipping Container Code (EAN barcoding)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SSCC
We have 143 other meanings of SSCC in our Acronym Attic
- Soldier Systems Center Bulletin Board
- Space Station Control Board Directive
- Stall Spin Crash Burn Die (aviation slang)
- Swedish Scientific Council on Biological Diversity
- Social Service Competency Based Training
- Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary (religious order)
- Satellite System Control Centre (aerospace engineering)
- Scientific and Statistical Computing Core (US NIMH)
- Second-Stage Conduit Container
- Semi Soft Coking Coal
- Shelton State Community College (Tuscaloosa, AL)
- Silver Springs Conservation Camp (Nevada)
- Silver State Cricket Club
- Site Security Communications Center
- Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation (est. 1998)
- South Santa Clara County (California)
- South Shore Chamber of Commerce (Quincy, MA)
- South Shore Country Club (Hingham, MA)
- South Shore Cultural Center (Chicago, IL)
- South Suburban Christian Church
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new guide outlines the key requirements for product traceability based on global location numbers to identify supply chain partners; global trade identification numbers that uniquely identify products; serial shipping container codes to identify logistics units such as pallets; and lot codes, which identify batches of products.
UCC include: the Global Service Relation Number (GSRN), recognizing the relationship between a business and an individual; the Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC), recognizing logistics units; and the Global Returnable Asset Identifier (GRAI) and the Global Individual Asset Identifier (GIAI), recognizing returnable and individual assets.
MULTICODE will also support the use of the linear UCC/EAN-128 Serial Shipping Container Code that has been standardized by the retail community.