provider of multiport serial-to-Ethernet device connectivity and management products, announced today that it has achieved a performance breakthrough that will enable expanded use of low-cost, highly reliable network serial port servers, enabling them to connect remotely located serial devices to the application software programs with which they interoperate.
What does SPORT stand for?
SPORT stands for Serial Port
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SPORT
We have 12 other meanings of SPORT in our Acronym Attic
- Solid Phase Organic Reaction
- Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (National Cancer Institute)
- Stupid Person On Rental Equipment (ski area term)
- Service Providing Organization
- Space Planning and Organization Research Group (Massachusetts Institute of Technology School of Architecture and Planning)
- Stops Per On-Road Hour (United Parcel Service)
- Secret Protectors of Revolutionary Knowledge
- State Police Officers' Retirement System (Virginia Retirement System)
- Short-Term Prediction Research and Transition Center (weather forecast model, NASA)
- Single Port Orifice Robotic Technology (Titan Medical, Inc.; Canada)
- Sky Polarization Observatory (Italian Space Agency)
- Soldier's Portable On-System Repair Tool
- Space Optical Radar Tracking
- Specificity, Progression, Overload, Reversibility, Tedium (principles of training)
- Standard Protocol for Railway Traction
- Strategic Partnership On REACH Testing
- Support Force (US Navy)
- Stroke Prevention Using the Oral Direct Thrombin Inhibitor Ximelagatran in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation (study)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Anything that can be done through the local serial port can now be done remotely from anywhere in the world.
The serial ports on each SeaLINK+8 appear as standard COM ports to the host computer enabling compatibility with legacy software.
Tactical Software announced today that it has begun shipping TTYredirector, the industry's first serial port redirector software product that allows Linux-based applications to access hundreds of serial device servers and modem pools offered by over 40 manufacturers worldwide.
Solves Serious Mobile Computing Problem of Single Serial Port Found on Many Notebook Computers LAS VEGAS, Nov.
By simply plugging in two Edgeport/8 units, ABM AMRO ONE gained 16 serial ports in a matter of minutes without opening the PC's chassis, reconfiguring and rebooting.
2 Kbps via its serial port interface; the DeskPorte FAST EP 28.
The Serial Port Profile and I/O mapping (SPPIO) application - presents a set of versatile and powerful features to help engineers quickly and economically deploy it in a wide range of short range wireless applications.