The device provides low-level testing of legal and illegal serial management protocol and serial SCSI protocol frames and data patterns, out-of-band and speed-negotiation signals, and device powerup and reset sequences for verifying conformance to the SAS protocol specification.
What does SMP stand for?
SMP stands for Serial Management Protocol (SAS)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SMP
We have 526 other meanings of SMP in our Acronym Attic
- Sekolah Menengah Tingkat Pertama (Indonesian junior high school)
- Self-Maintenance Period
- Sellafield MOX Plant
- Selling Manager Pro (Ebay selling tool)
- Semi Markov Process
- Senior Management Professional (certification)
- Senior Management Program (various locations)
- Senior Medicare Patrol (Projects)
- Senior Meeting Planner (job title)
- Sensor Management Protocol
- Server Migration Pack (software)
- Service Management Platform
- Service Management Process
- Service Matrix Platform (ADC)
- Service Mediation Platform
- Service Médico-Pédagogique (French: School Medical Service; Switzerland)
- Servico Movel Pessoal (Portuguese: Mobile Personal Service; Brazil)
- Session Management Protocol
- Sex, Money, Power
- Shape Memory Polymer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Features and functionality that lead the industry The LSI Logic SAS expander supports the full Serial Attached SCSI Protocol (SSP) to SAS hard disk drives, and full Serial ATA Tunneling Protocol (STP) and SATA protocol to SATA drives, as well as Serial Management Protocol (SMP).
It also improves manageability of the storage solution by providing Serial Management Protocol (SMP) to monitor connections between individual devices and identify points of failure or reduced performance.
To support this co-existence of Serial ATA and SAS drives, SAS defines three transport protocols: * Serial SCSI Protocol (SSP): A mapping of SCSI supporting multiple initiators and targets * Serial ATA Tunneled Protocol (STP): The method by which a SAS host makes a connection to a Serial ATA drive, when using a SAS expander * Serial Management Protocol (SMP): A management protocol SAS Expanders Many of the capabilities of Serial Attached SCSI described above are enabled or enhanced by a new generation of SCSI expanders, called SAS expanders.
The Serial Management Protocol (SMP) is used simply for managing the new serial point-to-point topology, while the SATA Tunneling Protocol (STP) allows Serial-Attached SCSI to interface seamlessly with SATA devices.