About 1,500 of the employees are represented by the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association; the remainder are represented by the Sergeant's Benevolent Association, the Detectives Endowment Association, and the Superior Officers Association, which bargain as a unit.
What does SBA stand for?
SBA stands for Sergeant's Benevolent Association (New York City, NY, USA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SBA
We have 356 other meanings of SBA in our Acronym Attic
- School Based Assessment
- School Baseline Assessment
- School Bus Advertising
- School of Business Administration
- Scottish Beekeepers' Association
- Sealed Bid Auction
- Seat Belt Anchor (automotive)
- Sebring (Amtrak station code; Sebring, FL)
- Senior Bowlers of America
- Senior Business Analyst
- Serum Bactericidal Activity
- Set-Based Analysis
- Shamrock Basketball Association (Forney, TX)
- Shaped Beam Antenna
- Shared Border Accord (Canada and US)
- Should Be Archived (geocaching)
- Sick Bay Attendant
- Sick Berth Attendant (Royal Navy Rating)
- Silver Beaver Award (Boy Scout Award)
- Silver Buffalo Award (Boy Scouts of America)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NEW YORK -- Edward Mullins, President of the 10,000 member New York City Sergeant's Benevolent Association, has announced another weapon in support of the New York City Police Department's fight against violent and criminal behavior by demonstrators at the Republican National Convention.