According to Baytech, the engines, which incorporate the company's sequential multi-port fuel injection technology for gaseous fuels, are certified for use in the GM Topkick/Kodiak C series and Workhorse heavy-duty vehicles with gross vehicle weight ratings ranging from 16,000 pounds to 37,600 pounds, as well as in the GM Silverado/Sierra 2500HD/3500 pickup trucks and chassis cab.
What does SMPFI stand for?
SMPFI stands for Sequential Multi-Port Fuel Injection
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Société de Montage de Pièces Electriques (Society for Mounting Electronic Pieces; Genas, France)
- Society of Motion Picture Engineers (now Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers)
- Sulmo Mihi Patria Est (Latin: Sulmona Is My Birthplace; Ovid quote)
- System Modification Program Extended (IBM)
- Software Maintenance Project Effort Estimation Model
- Shipboard Marine Pollution Emergency Plan
- Shared Metallic Path Facility
- Singapore Mathematics Project Festival (est. 2001)
- SLBM (Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile) Mission Planning Function (US Air Force)
- Smålands Produktivitetsförening
- Salaire Mensuel Professionnel Garanti (French: Guaranteed Professional Monthly Salary)
- Seat Miles Per Gallon
- Securities Market Practice Group
- Self-Measured Plasma Glucose
- Standard Memory Product Group
- Stanford Medical Pion Generator (radiology)
- Surface-Mount Pin Grid Array (computers)
- Scale Miles per Hour (model train speed)
- School of Medicine and Public Health
- Summer-Morph-Producing Hormone
Samples in periodicals archive:
The latter also features variable exhaust valve timing and sequential multi-port fuel injection, but does away with the combustion chamber trough in the center of the piston that helps stratify the air-fuel charge on the turbo engine.
The Dodge Caravan and Plymouth Voyager vans are equipped with V-6, 201 cubic inch, compressed natural gas engines that use three-way catalytic converters, heated oxygen sensors and sequential multi-port fuel injection to limit emissions.