What: Three Article V town hall meetings hosted by the Convention of States Project Montana to educate residents about Article V in the Constitution and Montana Senate Joint Resolution 7 calling for a convention of the states to ending federal overreach and reinvigorating state legislators to reclaim the power outlined to them in the Constitution.
What does SJRES stand for?
SJRES stands for Senate Joint Resolution (style of a resolution introduced in the Senate of both houses of Congress)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Saudi Joint Relief Committee (Saudi Arabia)
- Social Justice Resources Center (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University)
- South Jersey Rowing Club (New Jersey)
- St. John's Regional College (Victoria, Australia)
- St. Johns Racquet Center (Portland, OR)
- St Johns River Community College (Florida)
- Saudi Joint Relief Committee for Kosovo
- Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field
- San Jose Real Estate Board (California)
- San Joaquin River Exchange Contractors (Los Banos, CA)
- San Joaquin River Group (Davis, CA)
- South Jersey Resources Group, LLC (Bedford, TX)
- San Joaquin River Group Authority (California)
- Saint John Regional Hospital (Canada)
- St Joseph Regional Health Center (Bryan, TX)
- Saint John Regional Hospital Foundation (Canada)
- San Joaquin Resources Inc. (now Gasco Energy Inc.; Nevada)
- San Juan Recovery Implementation Program (Colorado)
- San Jacinto Rail Limited (Texas)
- Stacey Jones Rugby League (New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Acedillo and Alejano noted that the Senate has recently passed a similar or counterpart Senate Joint Resolution No.
In other news, in the US, the California Legislature with overwhelming bi-partisan support recently passed Senate Joint Resolution 22, titled the Cruelty Free Cosmetics Resolution.
The Senate Joint Resolution 41 states that it should not be misinterpreted as an endorsement for military force or war.
Virginia Senate Joint Resolution 50 will assign the Joint Commission on Health to study the fiscal impact that untreated dental disease has on the state over the course of two years.
David Simmons, R-Altamonte Springs, presented Senate Joint Resolution 508 that proposes an amendment to the Florida Constitution to increase the mandatory retirement age of judges and justices from 70 to 75.
Senate Joint Resolution 25 would disapprove of President Obama's intent to raise the national debt ceiling by an additional S500 billion on top of the immediate $400 billion increase under last August's budget deal (Senate vote #12 above).
One such item was Senate Joint Resolution 5 (SJR 5) requesting an interim study to identify the issues and challenges involved in providing emergency care and to report on strategies that can strengthen Montana's emergency medical services system.