The senators voted 31-0 for Senate Joint Resolution 1, which would ask Texas voters to approve taking $5.
What does SJRES stand for?
SJRES stands for Senate Joint Resolution (style of a resolution introduced in the Senate of both houses of Congress)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Social Justice Resources Center (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University)
- South Jersey Rowing Club (New Jersey)
- Sree Jagadguru Renukacharya College (Bangalore)
- St. John's Regional College (Victoria, Australia)
- St. Johns Racquet Center (Portland, OR)
- St Johns River Community College (Florida)
- Saudi Joint Relief Committee for Kosovo
- Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field
- San Jose Real Estate Board (California)
- San Joaquin River Exchange Contractors (Los Banos, CA)
- San Joaquin River Group (Davis, CA)
- South Jersey Resources Group, LLC (Bedford, TX)
- San Joaquin River Group Authority (California)
- Saint John Regional Hospital (Canada)
- St Joseph Regional Health Center (Bryan, TX)
- Saint John Regional Hospital Foundation (Canada)
- San Joaquin Resources Inc. (now Gasco Energy Inc.; Nevada)
- San Juan Recovery Implementation Program (Colorado)
- San Jacinto Rail Limited (Texas)
- Stacey Jones Rugby League (New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The bills are Senate Joint Resolution 36 and Senate Bill 824, respectively.
If the resolution (known as Senate Joint Resolution 2 in the Senate, and House Joint Resolution 8 in the House) is passed this session by a 2/3 vote, step 2 will be complete.
Virginia Senate Joint Resolution 50 will assign the Joint Commission on Health to study the fiscal impact that untreated dental disease has on the state over the course of two years.
Winning the board's endorsement was a Senate joint resolution that would establish a constitutional amendment to make PRC members appointed by the governor rather than elected, as is currently done.
Senate Joint Resolution 25 would disapprove of President Obama's intent to raise the national debt ceiling by an additional S500 billion on top of the immediate $400 billion increase under last August's budget deal (Senate vote #12 above).
The resolution, Senate Joint Resolution 9, would also require a two-thirds vote of the Legislature to decrease the revenue or reserves of a local government.
Senate Joint Resolution 9, introduced by Senator Christine Kehoe, a San Diego Democrat, was approved on a 51-to-17 bipartisan vote.