According to the EPA, Hillards Creek, a residential area near the facility, and the Gibbsboro Nature Preserve are contaminated with Lead, volatile organic compounds and semi-volatile organic compounds related to activities at the former plant.
What does SVOC stand for?
SVOC stands for Semi-Volatile Organic Compound
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SVOC
We have 2 other meanings of SVOC in our Acronym Attic
- Starwood Vacation Ownership (Orlando, FL)
- Static Variable Ordering
- Stop Véhicules Occasion (French: Used Vehicles Stop)
- Straight Vegetable Oil
- Student Veteran Organization (Washington, DC)
- Student Volunteer Outreach (University of Pittsburgh; PA)
- Subject Verb Object
- Mixed Venous Oxygen Saturation
- Small Veteran-Owned Business
- Sacramento Valley Organizing Community (California; est 1994)
- Small Vessel Operators Certificate (Australia)
- Southern Vectis Omnibus Company (Isle of Wight, UK)
- Special Vehicle Operations.com
- Sport Vereniging Oirlo Castenray (Dutch sports association)
- Severe Veno-Occlusive Disease (stem cell transplant studies)
- Silicon Valley Open Doors (technology investment conference; est. 2005)
- Stacked Volumetric Optical Disc (data storage; Hitachi/Maxwell)
- Streaming Video-on-Demand
- Subscription Video on Demand
- Schweizerische Vereinigung Osteogenesis Imperfecta (German: Swiss Association of Osteogenesis Imperfecta)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cleveland received a $200,000 brownfields grant to clean up the Land Bank Lot #92 on East 71st Street, which is contaminated with semi-volatile organic compounds and PCBs.
Their topics include the risk assessor as customer, initial sample preparation, metal analysis, analyzing inorganic parameters, petroleum and polyaromatic hydrocarbons, volatile organic compounds, non- halogenated organic compounds including semi-volatile organic compounds, and ecological assessment and toxicity screening in contaminated land analysis.
The DEP had asked that the smokestack testing look for traces of 324 separate volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds and the plant be shut down while the test results are evaluated.
Here is a summary of the Michigan grants: Alma received a $200,000 grant that will be used to clean up the Alma Iron and Metal property on North State Street, which is contaminated with volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds, PCBs and heavy metals.
The Gore lab is now accredited to perform recognized EPA methods for relative mass value reporting of volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds in soil gas, sediment, water and air.
com/ ), the leading nationally certified provider of outsourced analytical laboratory, air emissions, and indoor air quality testing services, show that the NanoScintillation System was qualified as non- hazardous waste by virtue of passing tests for Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP) Extraction by EPA 1311, TCLP for Volatile Organic Compounds by EPA Method 1311/8260B, TCLP for Semi-volatile Organic Compounds by EPA Method 1311/8270C, TCLP for Metals by 6000/7000 Series Methods, Reactivity, pH, and Ignitability as specified in Subpart C of 40 CFR Part 261.
A liquid auto-injector option is available, enabling calibration verification and semi-volatile organic compound analysis in the field.