Two casting processes, semi-solid casting and fully liquid diecasting, were examined to determine which was the most effective in producing defect-free castings.
What does SSC stand for?
SSC stands for Semi-Solid Casting
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSC
We have 919 other meanings of SSC in our Acronym Attic
- Secondary Storage Controller (AT&T)
- Sector Service Center
- Sector Skills Council (UK)
- Secure Science Corporation (computer security)
- Secure Site Certificate
- Secure Support Component
- Security Subsystem Class (Trusted Computing Group Storage Working Group specification type)
- Sedan Sprint Club (French sports club)
- Seismograph Service Corporation
- Self Study Coordinator (various organizations)
- Senate Steering Committee (various schools)
- Sender Score Certified (trademark of Return Path, Inc.)
- Senior Service College
- Sensitive Service Center
- Sensitization Solar Cell
- Sensorless Scalar Control
- Serpentshrine Cavern (gaming, World of Warcraft)
- Server Support Company
- Service Schools Command
- Service Specification Code
Samples in periodicals archive:
The aluminium engine uses a unique, semi-solid casting method which, say Honda, improves levels of bore precision and thus makes for a far more sophisticated operation.
The aluminium engine uses a unique semi-solid casting method which, say Honda, improves levels of bore precision and thus makes for a far more sophisticated operation.
One of the most significant road-blocks to the success of semi-solid casting, particularly with magnesium, has been the development of accurate simulation software that takes into account non-Newtonian principles, but a new study has developed a program that accurately predicts the filling pattern of semi-solid magnesium.
Most of this growth has been by components produced by high pressure diecasting and related technologies, such as vacuum diecasting and semi-solid casting technologies.
The Council for Scientific Industrial Research (CSIR) in South Africa has succeeded in casting a lightweight aluminum engine-mounting bracket in an industrial trial using a proprietary, newly-patented semi-solid casting technology.
Fords original control arm supplier cast the components using semi-solid casting methods, the first time Ford had its control arms produced in this process.
Semi-solid casting technology has not completely caught on in the metalcasting industry because of limitations in process control.