VX15/2503 is a novel humanized monoclonal antibody targeting the multi-functional protein semaphorin 4D (SEMA4D), and represents the second clinical trial for this investigational drug.
What does SEMA stand for?
SEMA stands for Semaphorin
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SEMA
We have 52 other meanings of SEMA in our Acronym Attic
- Scanning Electron Microscopy-Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy
- Scanning Electron Microscope with Energy Dispersive X-Ray Analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscope Connected to an Electron Probe Microanalyzer
- Search Marketing Association of North America
- Schoolwide Enrichment Model-Reading (framework; also seen as SEMR)
- Site d'Expérimentation en Mer pour la Récupération de l'Energie des Vagues (French: Offshore Testing Site for the Recovery of Energy Waves)
- Semnan University of Medical Sciences (Semnan, Iran)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy and Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy
- Scanning Electron Microscope/Energy Dispersive Using X-Ray (Analysis)
- Socially/Emotionally Maladjusted Adolescents with Language Impairments
- Senior Employment Medical Adviser (UK)
- Session-based Mobile AdHoc Network Architecture (Yeditepe University)
- Sharp Electronics Manufacturing Company of America, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
- Simple Electromagnetic Analysis (cryptography)
- Situation-Execution Monitor Advisor
- Sociedad Erasmiana de Málaga (Spanish: Erasmus Society of Malaga; Malaga, Spain)
- Société d'Encouragement aux Métiers d'Art (Society for the Promotion of Art Trades; France)
- Software Engineering Measurement and Analysis (SEI)
- Southeastern Medieval Association
- Special Electronic Mission Aircraft
Samples in periodicals archive:
Transcriptome analysis indicated that five semaphorin receptors (e.
com/prnh/20101101/NY92716LOGO ) VX15/2503 is a novel humanized antibody that blocks the activity of semaphorin 4D (SEMA4D).
Axons--the long extensions formed by growing brain cells--display neuropilin-1, which reacts to proteins called semaphorins or collapsins, which serve as axonal stop signs.
D, of Yale University's Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine: His study is Semaphorin 7a and Alternative Macrophage Activation in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
This common variant lies on chromosome 5 near a gene known as semaphorin 5A, which is thought to help guide the growth of neurons and their long projections called axons.
His group finds that some axons have docking sites for both connectin and semaphorin II, two such guidance molecules.
com/prnh/20101101/NY92716LOGO) VX15/2503 is a novel humanized antibody that blocks the activity of semaphorin 4D (SEMA4D).