The volume also documents two focused sessions--on the self-propagating high-temperature synthesis of ceramics, and layered and functionally graded materials.
What does SHS stand for?
SHS stands for Self-Propagating High-Temperature Synthesis
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SHS
We have 391 other meanings of SHS in our Acronym Attic
- Seaford High School (Seaford, DE, USA)
- Seattle Home Show (Seattle, WA)
- Seattle Humane Society (Seattle, WA)
- Second Hand Smoke
- Secret Hacker Society
- Secure Hash Standard
- Seekonk High School (Seekonk, MA)
- Sehome High School (Bellingham, WA, USA)
- Selby High School (North Yorkshire, England)
- Self Help Scheme (various organizations)
- Selkirk High School
- Selwyn House School (Montreal, Quebec)
- Sentinel High School (Missoula, MT and Sentinel, OK)
- Sequoia High School (Visalia, California)
- Sewanhaka High School (Floral Park, NY)
- Sexual Harassment Support (various locations)
- Sexual Health Strategy
- Shaker High School (Latham, NY)
- Shared Health Services (Johnson City, TN)
- Shared Hosting Server (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
INTRODUCTION The production of certain ceramics, intermetallics, and composite materials by self-propagating high-temperature synthesis (SHS) has become increasingly popular due to its many advantages over conventional processing techniques.
66 TA401 This first iteration of the symposium focused on the synthesis and processing of inorganic materials using non-tradition technologies such as self-propagating high-temperature synthesis, spark plasma sintering, mechanical alloying, wet chemistry, aerosol deposition, lasers, electron beams, and high-field magnetrons.