The group is a local branch of an international movement, known for resorting to self-inflicted violence to escape psychological pain.
What does SIV stand for?
SIV stands for Self-Inflicted Violence
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SIV
We have 77 other meanings of SIV in our Acronym Attic
- Surat Izin Usaha Penerbitan Pers (Indonesian: Press Publication Business License; Indonesia)
- Surat Izin Usaha Perusahaan Pelayaran (Indonesian: Shipping Company's Business License)
- Space Inventory and Utilization System
- Suspend From Issue and Use as Suspect Material
- Sindh Institute of Urology & Transplantation (Karachi, Pakistan)
- Società Italiana Urologia Territoriale (Italy)
- Students Independent Union of the University of Prishtina (Kosovo)
- Summer Institute for Union Women
- Safety Interlocks Valid
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccine
- Sensors in Vacuum (engineering)
- Service d'Immuno Virologies (French: Immunovirology Department; Atomic Energy Commission)
- Servizio Informazioni del Vaticano (Frontier magazine march 2008, article about extraterrestial contact)
- Setto Interventricolare (Italian)
- Silo Interface Vault (missile defense)
- Simian Immunodeficiency Virus
- Simulation d'Incident en Vol (French: Simulated Incidence in Flight; paragliding)
- Site Initiation Visit
- Situs Inversus Viscerum
- Small Islands Voice
Samples in periodicals archive:
12) paints a picture of Haiti as a land of self-inflicted violence.
Turn left at the self-inflicted violence of Gina Pane; proceed toward the vulnerability in the early work of Yoko Ono, Ana Mendieta, and Marina Abramovic; take a spin through the 3-D realism of Duane Hanson and John D'Andrea and the hyperrealism of Ron Mueck and the Chapmans.