He has a passion for and experience in the principles of lean manufacturing, waste reduction and development of self-directed work teams.
What does SDWT stand for?
SDWT stands for Self-Directed Work Team
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SDWT
- Secondary Drinking Water Regulation
- Service Dogs by Warren Retrievers (Madison, VA)
- Sonar Dome Rubber Window
- Safe Drinking Water Revolving Fund (Great Lakes Commission; Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Smoothed Deficit Weighted Round Robin
- San Diego Watercolor Society
- Secondary Drinking Water Standards
- Simultaneous Driver and Wire Sizing
- State Drinking Water Standard (environmental regulation)
- Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (California)
- Steele-Dawson-Wing-Tuttle (Bismarck, ND)
- Summer DeadWeight Tonnes
- San Diego World Trade Center
- San Diego Web Technologies Group
- San Diego Wireless Users Group
- Structural Design With Wood (Virginia Technical Institute)
- South Dakota Water and Wastewater Association (est. 1935)
- Secure Document Exchange
- Sedona, AZ, USA (Airport Code)
- Sigma Delta Chi (former name of the society of professional journalists; still used for the society's SDX Foundation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They include asking employees for their suggestions, establishing self-directed work teams, allowing employees to lead meetings, and giving employees (rather than executives) training responsibilities.
Initiatives at the corporate level created a company culture of continuous learning, setting the stage for the self-directed work teams designed and implemented at Plant 4.
In fact, the use of self-directed work teams by the largest 1,000 publicly traded U.
Two important organizational variables that can affect self-directed work team performance are leadership and the reward systems in place.
SELF-DIRECTED WORK TEAMS The manner in which Weidner provides for the day-to-day management of his properties is every bit as unique as why he makes major commitments for future bricks and mortar enhancements.
Its old-style management system that relied on layers of supervisors to make decisions has been replaced by self-directed work teams of 8 to 12 hourly workers headed by a team leader, who is also hourly.
The coordinator, RN, LPN, care assistants, and homemaker form a self-directed work team consistently assigned to the same community.