SAMMS(tm), or Self-Assembled Monolayers on Mesoporous Supports, is a technology that can be tailored to selectively remove metal contaminants without creating hazardous waste or by-products.
What does SAMMS stand for?
SAMMS stands for Self-Assembled Monolayers on Mesoporous Supports
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAMMS
We have 4 other meanings of SAMMS in our Acronym Attic
- State Auto Middle Market Insurance
- Southwest Area Multicounty Multitype Interlibrary Exchange (Marshall, MN)
- System for Aiding Man-Machine Interaction Evaluation (ergonometric design)
- Spring-to-Autumn Measurements and Modelling of Ozone and Active Species
- Shortage Area Medical Matching Program (California)
- South American Magnetic Mapping Project
- Specific Area Marine Management Plan
- Strategic Asset Maintenance Management Plan
- Stenting Vs. Aggressive Medical Management for Preventing Recurrent Stroke in Intracranial Stenosis
- Self-Assembled Monolayers on Mesoporous Silica (materials engineering)
- Service Asset Maintenance Management System (US FWS)
- Siemens Advanced Motor Master System (microprocessor-based motor control)
- Standard Army Maintenance Management System (US DoD)
- Standard Army Materiel Management System
- Standard Automated Materiel Management System
- Standard Automated Materiel Management System Immediate Improvement Initiative
- Standard Automated Materiel Management Telecommunication System
- Scholar Athlete Milk Mustache of the Year
- Sinusoidally Amplitude-Modulated Noise
- Societa Amatori Mastino Napoletano (Italian: Amateurs Society Mastino Napoletano)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Called Self-Assembled Monolayers on Mesoporous Supports (SAMMS), the new concept developed by PNNL involves inserting specialized molecules that attract toxic heavy metals into the pores of a ceramic material created by Mobil researchers.